According to the Salt Therapy Association, (speaking of COVID-19) ” This is a new virus, and there have been no studies produced to show that halotherapy will prevent or relieve its symptoms. However, given the current evidence that supports relieving symptoms of upper and lower respiratory conditions, halotherapy is safe. “
Here are things we do know about salt:
- Salt is naturally anti-viral, and anti-bacterial.
- Nothing can grow in salt.
- Before perfectly packaged chemical cleaners came about, people used salt to clean and disinfect dishes and pans and surfaces.
- Halotherapy relieves symptoms of upper and lower respiratory conditions. It has been found to help the body get rid of sinus infections and other sicknesses related to the respiratory system.
- Many people find they can breathe easier during and after a halotherapy session.
- The Salt Cave at The Centered Stone has an incredible amount of salt in it. Many people find that sitting amidst the salt reduces inflammation in the body. Since all disease is built on inflammation, people notice a change in disease processes because of a reduction in inflammaton.
- Salt therapy, or halotherapy has been around since 1843 and is here to stay. It is a sterile, healthy environment to be in! Modern history of halotherapy dates back to 1843, when a Polish physician named Feliks Boczkowski promoted the idea of salt treatment after noticing that workers at a salt mines, unlike other miners, did not have respiratory or lung problems .